10 November 2007

Mini-Tirade: Casa de Leones – No Te Veo


I realize that my last entry is sort of a lot of text, and all you get for putting up with it is a measly 200 x 200 pixel album cover. (I looked, and there’s nothing I could embed from YouTube that was particularly relevant.) So I’m making it up to you.

I have to give credit for this mini-tirade to Rafael. Apparently “No Te Veo” is kind of a big deal, because it’s not exactly reggaeton and it’s not exactly salsa… it’s salsaton. I’m not kidding.

“You should blog about this song,” says Rafael. “It’s a mix of salsa and reggaeton. I’ve never heard anything like it before, and I live in Miami.” Enough said.

I am not going to defend the artistic credibility of this song (because, um… it doesn’t have much), but if we analyze it from an incredibly scientifically accurate, statistical-type stance using, say, the Break-It-Downability Scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being Yawn and 10 being Shake It Like A Polaroid Picture, let’s just say that Casa de Leones pulled a Spinal Tap.

Honestly though, you can’t really go wrong with a salsa melody and good old Dem Bow.



Not to mention that it's mad fun singing along. Te vas, no me dices nada, qué pasa que ya no te veo…

No comments: